Discover your purpose and place within God's Mission.
What is the Watkinsville Internship?
The Watkinsville Internship is an immersive ministry leadership program built to help interns discover their purpose and place within God's mission. Interns work closely with staff, church members, and fellow interns to gain a deeper look at a local body of believers, experience in ministry, and opportunities to engage in WFBC’s mission of glorifying God through making wholehearted disciples of Jesus Christ.
What are the requirements?
The Internship is for college students who love our church and desire to connect more deeply by serving. Here are our qualifications:
- College students (2nd year or older)
- Ability to volunteer 5 or more hours each week
- Desire to be in Christian community with an openness to learn
Why consider the internship?
We believe during this internship you will...
- Love Jesus more
- Grow in your love for the local church
- Gain access to church leadership and resources
- Have opportunities to lead
- Find community with fellow believers
- Develop humility through service
- Grow in your understanding of God's calling on your life
When does the Internship begin?
The Internship starts in August 2018 and ends in May 2019. Applications will be accepted beginning in January until all positions are filled. All applicants will be contacted and interviewed soon after submitting an application.
Mission of Internship Experience: Head, Heart, Hands
We strive to make wholehearted followers of Jesus Christ by equipping young leaders through the internship experience. Head, Heart, Hands is a saying that is used frequently in the internship and is the fuel for everything that we do. Head. We desire for each of intern to have their life transformed by the renewal of their minds. This means spending time in the Word of God. Heart. We pray that each intern would have their affections stirred for our Savior. This means that they will create healthy habits by practicing the spiritual disciplines. Hands. We hope that interns will leave the program with a desire to serve as Christ has served us. This means being filled with joy as we lay down our lives for others. As leaders in ministry, our desire will be to love the Lord our God with ALL of our heart, soul, and mind and love our neighbors (Matthew 22:37-39). That’s our goal for the internship. We will provide leadership development, coaching, training, and ministry projects in order for each intern to gain experience in the local church and be sent out with a greater love for Jesus, love for the lost, and a love for the local church.
An intern at Watkinsville First Baptist will commit to serving 5-10 hours per week, serve the church with a thankful and generous heart, and according to each intern’s gifts, skills, and experiences he/she will be assigned to a specific area of ministry and pastor/director. In this area of ministry the intern will report to his/her supervisor weekly. The intern and supervisor will meet on a regular basis for coaching, training, ministry projects, etc. All interns will also meet weekly on Monday afternoons from 4:00-5:30 for intern training. The direct authority for each intern will be the Intern Director for all big picture intern responsibilities. The Intern Director has the final authority on the internship experience and job responsibilities.
- Gives evidence of consistent and growing devotional life to Christ
- Displays a great attitude
- Support the overall vision and direction of the church
- Meet weekly with supervisor and attend Sunday morning services
- Attend intern retreat at the beginning of the year
- Participate in the evaluation process
- Be flexible and prepared at all times to do tasks that support the ministry of the church
- Participate in intern trainings by: discussing book content, praying for other interns, and growing together spiritually
- Respect and submit to the authority of the supervisors/pastors and the Intern Director
Questions? Interested in Applying?
If you have any questions please email Caleb