What is Right Start?
Right Start is a program designed for engaged couples and those considering engagement. Each of the 7 weekly sessions will take couples through biblically based material intended to both evaluate and strengthen their relationship, as well as help them envision the reality of married life together. In addition, participants will be paired with a mature married couple from the church to mentor them through the joys and challenges of engagement and marriage. This program is intended to help you walk equipped and confident towards the sacred and lifelong commitment of marriage!
*This program will be offered twice a year, once in the Fall and once in the Spring.
Start date: March 12 2017
Schedule + Topics:
*We meet on Sundays in the upstairs of the Life Building from 3:00p.m. - 5:00p.m.
- Week 1, March 12th: Covenant/Marital Boundaries
- Week 2, March 19th: Gender Roles
- Week 3, March 26th: Personality Assessments
- Week 4, April 2nd: Communication/Conflict Resolution
- Week 5, April 9th: In-Laws/Family Dynamics
- NO CLASS April 16th because of Easter!
- Week 6, April 23rd: Financial Stability
- Week 7, April 30th: Intimacy in Marriage
Registration Begins: January 29th
Registration Deadline: March 5th
Requirements of Program:
- Attend Class
- Meet with assigned mentor couple 3 times before marriage and 3 times within the first year of marriage
- Complete homework outside of class - reading a book and doing a workbook together
Right Start Registration
Click on the button below to register for Right Start. Please fill out the form with your significant other and allow about 5 minutes to complete. Please know that many questions asked on this form will help you get paired to the right mentor couple. We will send you a confirmation email and link for payment after submitting your registration. Thank you!
Engagement is a pivotal time in the life of a believer. Many young people desire to honor their marriage covenant but have no godly example to follow. As members of the body of Christ, being a Right Start mentor is one way we can disciple younger believers. We are not looking for perfect people to mentor; just couples willing to be transparent, allowing the Spirit to work through you to prepare the next generation for this sacred union.
If you are potentially interested in serving our body in this way, fill out the application below.